Use of the library from 1 February
The library is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In February, the library opens on Sundays from from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Access and stay is possible by the main entrance and only with a qualified mask.
- According to § 5 paragraph 3 of the Special Containment Measures Ordinance, qualified masks are OP masks of type II or II R with CE marking, FFP2 masks without exhalation valve, FFP3 masks without exhalation valve or mouth-nose covering according to the KN95 and N95 standards, each without exhalation valve.
- In compliance with government regulations (Thüringer SARS-CoV-2-Infektionsschutz-Grundverordnung) contact data of all persons entering the library have to be registered and kept for 4 weeks. Please have your thoska ready for electronic registration or fill in a form at the entrance.
- For users with a login of Erfurt University 200 individual working places are available. They have to be booked in advance for a max. of 4 hours via the reservation system UB-Platz.
- External users can still use the holdings and copying equipment in the library, but no reservation of working places is possible.
- Carrels, lockers, individual work rooms and work room for parents with child can be used.
- Service-desks are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Self-service lending and return of media is possible during all opening hours.
- Use of the special reading room is possible on request. Please contact us in advance by phone +49 361 737-5880 or by E-Mail
- Working in groups is not possible, tutorials and library tours are cancelled until further notice.
- Please keep your distance of at least 1,50 m to other people in the entire library. Please observe information signs and distance markings.
- In addition to our regular electronic accesses, a number of further services is available from outside the campus via Shibboleth.
All information on current library services can be found on this page. If you have any further questions, please contact us by e-mail: