Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter an der Professur für Politische Bildung (Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences)
Lehrgebäude 1 / Raum 0166
mittwochs 10.30-11.30 Uhr (nach Anmeldung per E-Mail)
Nordhäuser Str. 63
Postfach 90 02 21
- Winter Term 2021/22 The German Political System - Exercise
- Summer Term 2021 Comparative Constitutional Court Research
- Winter Term Party Democracy - On the Role of Parties in the Political System of the FRG
- Summer Term 2020 Elections and Electoral Systems in Comparison (Seminar)
- Winter Term 2019/20 Federalism and Policy Interdependence in the German Political System (Seminar)
- Summer Term 2019 Functionality and dysfunctionality of borders (seminar)
- Winter Term 2018/19 Politics in the multi-level system of the Federal Republic (seminar)
- Winter Term2017/18 Introduction to the Political System of the FRG (Seminars, FSU Jena)
- Summer Term 2017 Quantitative Methods (Seminars, FSU Jena)
Scientific and professional appointments
Since 06/2018 Research employee at the University of Erfurt, Chair of Political Education - esp. the political system of Germany
04/2017 to 03/2018 Adjunct lecturer, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Institute of Political Science, seminars in the areas of: Introduction to the political system of the FRG & Quantitative Methods.
09/2017 to 12/2017 Scientific project assistant, study: "Impact of the planned county reorganization on the municipal voluntary work in Brandenburg"
10/2015 to 03/2017 Research Assistant/Tutor, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Institute of Political Science.
10/2014 to 09/2017 Master studies at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, specialization area: The political system of the FRG
10/2011-09/2014 Bachelor studies at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Major: Political Science, Minor: Fundamental Economics
- Functionality of borders from a political science perspective
- Municipal and state constitutions / municipal reorganizations
- Constitutional jurisdiction, esp. state constitutional courts
Publications/ Lectures (selection)
Gundling, Lukas C. / Güpner, Michael (2021), On state constitutional court research. Research at the interface of politics and law, Zeitschrift für Landesverfassungsrecht und Landesverwaltungsrecht (ZLVR), issue03/21, pp. 85-93.
Lembcke, Oliver W./ Güpner, Michael (2018), Analyzing state constitutional jurisdiction in comparative terms. A contribution to typologization and quantification, Zeitschrift für Landesverfassungsrecht und Landesverwaltungsrecht (ZLVR), issue 03/18, pp. 94-104.
10.06.2017: The German Constitutional Court - Trends and Ruptures, with Dr. Oliver W. Lembcke, Hungarian Political Science Association (Györ).
03/27/2017: The Federal Constitutional Court of Germany - Europe & the ECJ, with Dr. Oliver W. Lembcke, Jagiellonian University (Krakow).
Dissertation project: "Functionality and Dysfunctionality of Borders."
Currently, borders and their functions are again regularly discussed. This is by no means limited to state borders; also municipal reorganizations or the EU external border determine political, social but also scientific debates. The focus is usually on legal, economic or sociological perspectives.
The dissertation project addresses the question to what extent the functionality and dysfunctionality of border demarcations can be operationalized from an explicitly political science perspective. In addition to an explorative approach, existing discipline-related functional catalogs will be adapted and tested by means of a Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) with regard to the research interest.