Internship in the M-PO-Sta-2020
The following should be noted for the internship module in the subject of political science of the M-PO-Sta-2020:
The internship serves to gain practical experience with intra-organisational processes and structures, to apply specialist knowledge in professional practice and to reflect on the links between studies and professional practice. It is intended to enable students to gain independent access to a professional field, to critically examine their professional goals and to assess the possibilities of achieving these goals more realistically.
The following must be observed when taking the internship module:
- Find a suitable internship institution and arrange an interview with the respective study programme coordinator. Ideas for internship sites can be found here.
- If required and where applicable: To increase the chances of applying for sought-after internships, the Dean's Office will issue a letter to the internship institution upon request, confirming that the internship is relevant to the success of the degree programme, even if it is not a compulsory internship.
- Interview with the study programme coordinator. This interview is obligatory and should help to ensure that
- the chosen internship institution is a good match for the respective internship module,
- the (minimum) number of hours required for the successful completion of the internship module is guaranteed,
- the internship promises valuable experience of concrete professional practice through active participation,
- the application of the knowledge acquired in the course of study as well as a reflection on the relationship between study and professional practice is possible,
- concrete topics and fields of work are named which can be proposed to the internship institution for the arrangement of the internship, and
- the internship fits sensibly into the individual study and career planning and/or can provide new impulses for this.
- If necessary, further discussion: The other lecturers of the faculty are also available for supportive counselling.
- Fill out the form for the agreement and confirmation of an internship and have it confirmed by the respective study programme coordinator.
- Take the relevant internship module via E.L.V.I.S. in good time (depending on the time, it may also make sense to take the internship in the following semester).
- Completing the internship.
- Have the internship institution confirm the completion of the internship on the Internship Agreement and Confirmation Form and submit the form to the study programme coordinator.
It is possible to arrange a meeting with the responsible coordinator or another teacher to reflect on the insights gained and the implications for the further career path after the internship.
(Registration via website)