University of Erfurt


Application as an exchange student

Before you can apply as an exchange student at the University of Erfurt, you must be nominated by your home institution’s International Office or Departmental Coordinator. 

The next step is to apply through our online platform Mobility-Online. You will find the respective link at the bottom of this page.

After you have completed and submitted the online application form, you must set up your user account by choosing a username and a password.

Please write down your username, password and the weblink, and retain them in a safe place. You will need them for future use.

Next, you will need to fill in your basic information (address, etc.), upload a photograph, print the application form, have it signed by the responsible coordinator at your home institution, and send it to the International Office with the other required documents.

Required Documents

  • Transcript of Records (list of courses and grades, issued by your home institution)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of German language skills (If you do not have a certificate such as A2, B1, B2, C1 or TestDaF, a German language teacher of your home institution has to confirm your German skills (form: Assessment of Language Skills).
  • Photocopy of passport or ID (page with personal data)
  • If you want to apply for a room in a residence hall: Copy of confirmation of your application for student housing, sent by Studentenwerk Thueringen after the online-submission of your housing application
  • If you want to attend the preparatory course (Level A1 to B1): Application form

Please send the application and the enclosures to:

University of Erfurt
International Office
Nordhäuser Straße 63
D-99089 Erfurt

To top

Link to the online-application form

(If you would prefer to complete the form in German, please switch to the German version of this webpage in the upper right corner of the website.)

Frequently asked questions:

My home institution is not listed in the online application form.

Please contact the University of Erfurt’s International Office.

I am a student at an institution that does not have a student exchange agreement with the University of Erfurt, but I would like to study at the University of Erfurt for a semester or year and then transfer my credits to my home institution.

Please send a letter of motivation to the University of Erfurt’s International Office.





User menu and language choice