An occupation in research and teaching, a career in the economic or service sector or in a non-profit organisation – after the doctorate there are numerous career paths open.
Because of this, strategic career planning is necessary. A series of important questions has to be answered: What are my goals and interests, what are my strengths and weaknesses? Where can I apply? Do I know what is expected of me and how to deal with that?
On the basis of these questions the current application standards are conveyed and individual application strategies are worked out. With the help of selected examples from practice, the participants develop the competencies needed for a successful approach to the application process. The workshop deals in particular with the following topics:
- Stocktaking of my key skills: Self-assessment and perception by others
- The labour market: Desirable and realistic career pathways
- Job search: What exactly does it mean?
- Application dossier: Current standards
- English applications: What is different?
- The interview: From individual interview to assessment centre
- Career & application: My next steps
About the coach:
Dr. Simon Golin, Berlin, heads the consultancy company GOLIN WISSENSCHAFTSMANAGEMENT. For more than 25 years now he has been involved with not-for-profit management – with a focus on science, education and the foundation sector. Amongst other things, he has been managing director of the “Deutscher Studienpreis” at the Körber foundation, secretary general of the German National Ethics Council and secretary general of the Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Hamburg.
You can find the registration form here.