| Faculty of Philosophy, University, International, Studies

Scholarships for Master's programme "Middle Eastern Sociology/Anthropology and History (MESH)"

The Professorship for the History of West Asia at the University of Erfurt invites applications for six scholarship places (subject to DAAD funding approval) for the binational Master's programme "Middle Eastern Sociology/Anthropology and History" (MESH).

The programme is offered by the Professorship of History of West Asia in cooperation with the Université Saint-Joseph (USJ), Beirut/Lebanon and the Université Saint-Esprit de Kaslik (USEK), Jounieh/Lebanon and is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) from Federal Ministry of Education and Research funds due to its special concept.

Modules for language acquisition (Arabic) and a semester at one of the partner universities in Lebanon provide an opportunity to study the history and present of the Middle East "up close and personal". The one-semester study phase in Lebanon, which is financed by a DAAD scholarship, imparts knowledge in the sociology/anthropology of the Middle East. It is embedded in the transcultural, anthropological and global-historical study of history at the University of Erfurt.

In return, students from the Lebanese partner universities come to the University of Erfurt for one semester and study together with the German students on the programme. The MA programme is also enriched by the exchange of guest lecturers who offer special courses at the University of Erfurt, hold binational colloquia and organise joint accompanying cultural programmes. The teaching languages of the MA programme are English, French and German, with a special focus also on the acquisition of Arabic language skills. Graduates of the programme are awarded an international double degree and their special knowledge and skills are detailed in a Diploma Supplement.

The DAAD scholarships include a full scholarship for the semester abroad as well as a flat-rate travel allowance and a flat-rate health insurance allowance abroad.

Further information / contact: