At the Faculty of Catholic Theology at the University of Erfurt, the following professorship is to be filled as of 1 October 2021:
Full Professorship (W3) for Ancient Church History, Patristics and Christian archaeology (m/f/d)
Area of Responsibility
The position holder is responsible for the subject of Ancient Church History, Patristics and Christian archaeology in its relevant breadth in research and teaching.
The professor participates in the teaching of all studies offered by the Faculty of Catholic Theology, including those for continuous education and cooperates in research and teaching with other faculties and institutions of the university, in particular, within the university research focal area of “Religion. Society. Relationship to the World”. The professor actively engages within the framework of the strategy for internationalization of the University of Erfurt and participates in the self-governance of the university.
Besides the general administrative requirements, proof must be provided that the requirements for employment as per § 84 of the Thuringian Higher Education Act (Thüringer Hochschulgesetz) are fulfilled. Furthermore, the provisions of the concordat between the Holy See and the Free State of Thuringia of 19 November 2002 apply.
- Recruitment requirements include a successfully completed academic study of Catholic theology (“Diplom”, Magister Theologiae, or equivalent degree), the special qualification to academic research, which is usually proven by way of a doctorate, as well as through additional academic achievements in the field of the advertised professorship. These additional academic achievements are demonstrated by a habilitation or through equivalent academic achievements, for example in the context of a junior professorship.
- The applicant has well founded knowledge and experience in university education and its didactics, which is documented by certificates for further education and/or evaluation results.
- The applicant is able to participate in quality control and development of study programs of the faculty.
- The applicant has experience in academic self-governance.
- International experience in teaching and/or research are an advantage. The applicant has the necessary skills to initiate new international cooperations for the faculty and the university.
- The acquisition of external funding is desirable.
- Expected is the ability and willingness to network with the other academic subjects at the University of Erfurt.
- Experience in digital teaching is desirable.
Comments / Remarks
The German version of this vacancy notice alone shall be legally binding.
It should be noted that, in case of a first appointment to a professorial position, the employment may be for a fixed-term only. Further details are stipulated in § 86 of the Thuringian Higher Education Act (Thüringer Hochschulgesetz).
The University of Erfurt is committed to the goal of gender equality. The job advertisement is aimed equally at male, female and diverse applicants. Women are underrepresented in the advertised area and are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled applicants and those who are equivalent to them are given preferential consideration in the event of equal aptitude, academic performance and ability.
Participation in the interdisciplinary and partially English-language teaching program, including the Studium Fundamentale, is expected.
For questions and information contact the dean Prof. Dr. Jörg Seiler (email@example.com).
The application must contain all pertinent documents (letter of application including research interests and intended research projects, curriculum vitae, list of publications and courses taught, report on previous research activities financed through third-party funding, overview of previous lectures and courses as well as copies of certificates of academic examinations and appointments in particular the habilitation) and is to be submitted and mentioning the reference number of publication to 30 November 2020 to:
University of Erfurt • The Dean of the Faculty of Catholic Theology • Prof. Dr. Jörg Seiler • Postfach 90 02 21 • 99105 Erfurt • email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the system cannot process electronic applications that exceed 15 MB.
The University of Erfurt uses an email system with transport encryption capabilities. Please send your emails with transport encryption, too. If you wish to encrypt the content of your email further, please use the following email address instead of the one provided above: email@example.com. The certificate containing the public key you need to send an encrypted email to that address is available at https://www.uni-erfurt.de/universitaet/arbeiten-an-der-universitaet/stellenausschreibungen. If you choose not to encrypt your email using the certificate, we cannot guarantee that the content of your email will be encrypted at all.
By submitting your application data electronically, you consent to our: scanning your email and its attachments for harmful codes/viruses and spam, temporarily storing the data we require, and continuing correspondence with you by (unencrypted) email.
By submitting your application, you agree to the further processing of your personal data within the framework of and in order to carry out the application process. This consent can be revoked in writing or electronically at any time without giving reasons to the above-office or above. Please note that revoking consent may imply that the application can no longer be considered in the current procedure.
The further information on data protection in accordance with Art. 13 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) can be found in the information sheet ("Privacy Notices for Applicants") on our website under https://www.uni-erfurt.de/universitaet/arbeiten-an-der-universitaet/stellenausschreibungen.
For financial reasons, please send only copies of documents, as they will be destroyed after the application process has been completed. The University of Erfurt will not reimburse any costs related to the application.