The University of Erfurt takes the DSH-Exam only for university applicants with a conditional admission to study at he University of Erfurt or the University of Applied Sciences Erfurt. External university applicants are not tested.
The next DSH will take place in September 2023. Further information will be announced in due time.
1. who demonstrate the language skills required for admission to a course of study in the context of a school-leaving qualification that corresponds to a German university entrance qualification;
2. who hold the "German Language Diploma (Level II) of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs" (DSD II) [Resolution of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of December 6, 1996];
3. who have a certificate confirming that they have passed the Goethe-Zertifikat C 2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) or who have passed the Goethe-Institut's upper-level examinations - Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS) and Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS);
4. who have foreign certificates which, in accordance with No. 3 (4th indent) of the Agreement "Access of Foreign Applicants with Foreign Educational Qualifications to Studies at German Universities: Proof of German Language Proficiency" (Resolution of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of June 2, 1995, as amended);
5. who have taken the DSH at a foreign university under the organizational and content-related responsibility of a Studienkolleg or a teaching department of German as a foreign language of a German university;
6. who have completed a course of study in German studies;
7. who have taken the Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF) with a result that shows TestDaF level "four" (TDN 4) or "five" (TDN 5) in all four sub-tests;
8. who have passed the "German" part of the assessment test at a Studienkolleg;
9. who can prove that they have passed the telc C1 examination for higher education.
Language exams older than five years are not recognized at the University of Erfurt.
"Musterprüfungen" on german site
Language proficiency tests
Language proficiency tests in winter semester 22/23
Registration via mail with the following information:
Name, first name
Status (exchange student, full-time student, doctoral student) and matriculation number