Dates and Deadlines
Prospective Deadlines for the MPP class of 2024-2026 (student intake October 2024)
- the online application portal for the student intake October 2024 opens December 1, 2023
- February 29, 2024: Priority Deadline for all applications (strongly recommended). For the applications submitted before this date, the decision will usually be announced in March or early April.
- April 30, 2024: Non-priority Deadline for all applications / final deadline for all applicants who need a student visa prior to arrival.* For applications submitted before this date, the decision will usually be announced in May or early June.
- September 1, 2024: Final Deadline for applicants from EU + EFTA countries. The decision will usually be announced in September.
* Please check the current visa regulations in the German Federal Foreign Office's list
The MPP program officially begins each year on October 1st (whereas the lecture period starts in mid-October).
The application period for the student intake October 2024 will prospectively open on December 1st, 2023. The Admissions Committee reviews the applications to the program and will usually announce the decision in the course of the month following the deadline. If your nationality requires a student visa in order to enter Germany, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible, so you have adequate time to obtain your visa. Please keep in mind that, depending on the country you are from, visa processing might take up to 3 to 6 months or even longer. Please check with the local German embassy how long the visa processing would be expected to take.
On our next page, you find detailed information on the application process for the self-financed MPP. If you wish to apply for the MPP under the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme, please note that the application timeline differs completely. You find all the information on our page on Scholarships.