The Willy Brandt School of Public Policy offers a state-of-art Public Policy curriculum that addresses the challenges of the global world. The unique proposition of the Brandt School also stands on the solid foundations of its national and international cooperation in the Global North and Global South, along with its highly diverse international student body.
The international character of the Brandt School builds upon the strong foundation provided by the overall internationalization goals of the University of Erfurt to strengthen
- international cooperation,
- increased mobility of students and faculty alike and
- to bolster global networks and global interrelationships.
Over the past few years, the Brandt School has established strategic partnerships with think tanks, civil society groups, international NGOs and ministries within Germany. Building upon the twenty-plus years of experience in cooperation, starting in 2022, Brandt School has begun to formally collaborate with academic institutions both in the Global South and in Global North. The main objective of these collaborations is to strengthen ties with Public Policy institutions abroad by fostering regular student exchange and supporting the regular exchange of faculty members with its partner institutions.
International Partnerships and Exchange Program
- Department of Public Policy, Central European University (CEU), Austria.
- Starting in 2022, Brandt School is officially starting with the Erasmus exchange program with the Department of Public Policy at the CEU in Austria. The first student exchange is already in progress for the Winter Semester 2022/23, and two MPP students are on their way to attend a semester abroad.
- International Institute of Public Policy and Management, University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- College of Mexico, Mexico City