Reading devices and reader-printers
Readers for microfiches and microfilms as well as reader-printers for re-enlargement of microforms are located
- on the 2nd floor, near the reading room information desk
- in the special reading room (Bibliotheca Amploniana) on the 2nd floor
Costs for self-service
Re-enlargement of micro forms, size A4 : each page 0.10 €
Micro forms scanner
To digitize microforms and process them for scientific purposes, a PC with a special scanner is available on the 2nd floor of the library to registered users.
- Microforms-scanner (Canon MS 350 II)
- PC with scanning software (Capture Perfect), image processing software (IrfanView), Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat for creating PDF documents and an Internet browser
- Saving and printing (use of personal USB sticks, for members of the university: saving of data files in your personal directory, sending of data files as e-mail attachments)
The use of the microform scanners is only possible after registering first at the reading room information desk on the 2nd floor during service hours.