The bachelor's degree course at the University of Erfurt comprises a major and a minor subject (two-subject bachelor's degree) as well as the fundamental course of study. It aims to impart specialist content and occupational field orientation as well as interdisciplinary skills. The standard period of study is six semesters.
Orientation Phase (First Year)
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Orientations in the history of literature in one or more literatures
- Topics and questions of general literary studies
Qualification Phase (Second/Third Year)
- Intercultural competence
- Parameters of text analysis and literary theory
- Parameters of contextualization
In the qualification phase, one of the following main subjects is studied:
- General and comparative literature,
- English and American Studies,
- Modern German literary studies,
- Romance literary studies (Romance languages and literature, Spanish studies),
- Slavic literary studies.
The major and minor subjects differ in terms of the content and scope of the course. In the major subject a Bachelor thesis is written.
Examinations regulations major Literary Studies
Examinations regulations minor Literary Studies