The project Internationalisation@home (2021-2023) aims to provide students, lecturers, academic and administrative staff with a global perspective and international exchange on campus and to improve the welcoming culture on campus. It acknowledges internationalisation as a cross-sectional policy that regards all aspects of academic life – studying, teaching, research and management.
The project embodies the Internationalisation Strategy of the University of Erfurt and is funded by the Thuringian Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitalisation (in German) until the end of 2023.
It entails a wide range of measures, namely:
- Improving the communication in English (including forms, information sheets and regulations);
- Qualifying staff for advancing internationalization on campus;
- Developing internationally oriented and more culturally sensitive administrative procedures;
- Fostering the acquisition of intercultural competences (through courses, workshops, and other offers);
- Expansion of English-taught and internationally oriented courses and degree programmes;
- Increasing the number of cooperation agreements and networking activities;
- Increasing student-, doctoral-, and staff-mobility (academic and non-academic);
- Developing a Buddy Programme for international students.
Should you have any ideas or would like to know more about the project, please contact our project coordinator, Bárbara Martins. We are happy to hear from you!