The Advisory Board for Equal Opportunity Issues advises the Equal Opportunity Officers on the implementation of equal opportunities for women and men at the University of Erfurt. It makes a proposal to the Senate every three years for the election of the Equal Opportunity Officer and their deputy. According to the basic regulations, the Advisory Board includes the following voting members:
- the central Equal Opportunity Officer of the University (chair)
- the Equal Opportunity Officers of the faculties and the Max-Weber-Kolleg
- the elected members, two representatives each from the groups
- the university lecturers,
- the scientific employees,
- the academic support staff and
- the students.
Also on the Advisory Board:
- the deputy Equal Opportunity Officer
- the deputy Faculty Equal Opportunity Officers, and
- the employees of the Equal Opportunity and Family Office.
A representative from the doctoral students' representation is entitled to participate in the meetings with the right to propose motions and to speak.
The term of office of the elected members is two years, that of the students one year. Voting takes place within the respective status group parallel to the elections to the senate. Re-election is permitted. (§ 23 ThürHG, § 18 paragraph GO).
Faculty Equal Opportunity Officers are elected by the Faculty Council or the College Council for a period of two years. Re-election is permitted. (§ 10 paragraph 5 GO).