Located in the idyllic Nordmarka (the forest north of Oslo), the GLOBE Summer School in International Relations provides a unique environment for PhD students and early post-doc researchers intending to immerse themselves within the discipline of International Relations. The school focuses on recent epistemological advances in non-positivist scholarship and delivers expertise through tailor-made roundtables, PhD presentations, walk & talk sessions and collective readings. This year the overall theme is “Path, Context, Crisis”.
When? 29 May - 2 June 2023
For Whom? Early and advanced PhD students, Postdoctoral students
Venue and fee: Studenterhytta (a lodge situated in Nordmarka), the fee of 5600 NOK (ca. 530 EUR) covers accommodation and full board at the lodge
Program and application: More information on the summer school as well as the link to the registration platform can be found here.
- Isaline Bergamaschi, Professor of International Relations, Université Libre de Bruxelles (BE)
- Charlie Dannreuther, Lecturer in European political economy, University of Leeds (UK)
- Katharina Glaab, Associate Professor in Global Change and International Relations, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) (NO)
- António Muntean Ferraz de Oliveira Marques, Assistant Professor, University of Groningen (NL)
- Luis Lobo-Guerrero, Professor of History and Theory of International Relations, University of Groningen (NL)
- Oliver Kessler, Professor of International Relations, University of Erfurt (DE)
- Kirsti Stuvøy, Professor of International Relations, NMBU (NO)
Applications are accepted until January 27, 2023.