The bachelor's degree course at the University of Erfurt comprises a major and a minor subject (two-subject bachelor's degree) as well as the fundamental course of study. It aims to impart specialist content and occupational field orientation as well as interdisciplinary skills. The standard period of study is six semesters.
Orientation Phase (First Year)
- Artistic occupational field
- Art history/art theory up to about 1800: style and terminology/interpretation exercises
- Art history/art theory from ca. 1800: Theories and methods/interpretation exercises
- Artistic practice: painting, drawing, print sculpture, video, sculpture
Qualification Phase (Second/Third Year)
- Basics of art education and art mediation
- History of art: specialisation
- Artistic practice
The major and minor subjects differ in terms of the content and scope of the course. In the major subject a Bachelor thesis is written.
Examinations regulations major and minor Arts 2012 (pdf)