The bachelor's degree course at the University of Erfurt comprises a major and a minor subject (two-subject bachelor's degree) as well as the fundamental course of study. It aims to impart specialist content and occupational field orientation as well as interdisciplinary skills. The standard period of study is six semesters.
Orientation Phase (First Year)
- Theories of education and upbringing
- Education and upbringing in a historical perspective
- Educational research methods
- Structure of the educational system and pedagogical fields of action
Qualification Phase (Second/Third Year)
- Pedagogical field of action: vocational training
- Pedagogical field of action: children's and youth media
- Pedagogical field of action: Special education
- Pedagogical field of action: Social pedagogy
- Pedagogical field of action: Further and adult education
The major and minor subjects differ in terms of the content and scope of the course. In the major subject a Bachelor thesis is written.
Examinations regulations major and minor subject of Education Studies