The Master's degree in Special and Inclusive Education leads to an application-oriented, scientific professional qualification for the professional support of people with disabilities and disadvantages in out-of-school contexts. The main focus of the course is on preparing students for work with children, young people and adults who need support in learning, language, behaviour and intellectual development.
The students acquire the following knowledge about:
- individual, social and societal conditions of disability and disadvantage
- on the design and support of teaching and learning processes,
- on guidance, counselling and support in individual educational and developmental processes at different ages and under different conditions of disability and disadvantage.
Job & Career Perspectives
Our graduates work in the following professional fields:
- as professional support (e.g. through counselling, guidance and care) for children, young people and adults with disabilities and disadvantages in extracurricular contexts (such as homes, assisted living or early intervention)
- in management activities in special education and social education institutions.
The recommended application period for the Master's programme Special Needs and Integrational Education is from 1 January to 15 July for the winter semester. *)**)
*) If your application is received by 15 July, the University of Erfurt will endeavour to inform you of the admission decision promptly after reviewing your application. By accepting the place, you can enrol immediately.
**) If we do not receive your application until after the recommended deadline of 15 September at the latest, we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed promptly; the last time decisions on admission are made is in the week before the start of lectures.
Information about application deadlines and modalities, admission, enrolment:
Apply now for Special Needs and Integrational Education!
Foto Credits: Adobe Stock (koszivu)