The University of Erfurt uses the software Mobility-Online, a system of the Austrian provider SOP, for the administration of study-related stays abroad. This includes all steps from the application to the stay abroad, the payment of the mobility grant and the return to the University of Erfurt. The procedure as well as the provider have been verified with regard to data protection. The data is hosted exclusively on a server at the University of Erfurt.
You first apply online for the desired exchange place and a possible second request (optional). You will find the link to the online application at the end of this paragraph. It does not take long to enter the data.
After sending the online application, you will receive an e-mail asking you to register on the Mobility-Online application portal.
Important! Note down your chosen login name and password. You will have to log in to the application portal several times during your application process and your studies abroad. Even if you apply again later for another exchange place, the system will recognize that you are already registered and will not assign you a new login. It is therefore very important that you remember this information!
After registering in the application portal, you will again receive an e-mail with the link that you can always use to log in to the application portal in the future. This link must also be at hand during the entire application process and study abroad period!
You must then enter your master data (addresses and, if applicable, bank details) in the application portal. Do not forget to update them if anything changes.
After you have completed all these steps, you can produce the PDF of the application form. You can also print it, save it as a PDF or retrieve it from the application portal at any time.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we must avoid personal contacts as far as possible. Therefore we ask you to send your application documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please prepare all the documents and send us a PDF document in which you scan all documents in the order listed below. The file size must not exceed 20 MB. Applications with more than one file attachments or attachments not sorted in the specified order will be rejected.
The PDF must contain the following documents:
1. Signed application form Note: You can produce the PDF of the form after submitting the online application.
2. Detailed letter of motivation for the application and choice of host institution Please note: The letter of motivation should be in English. Only in the case of applications for Russia and Central and South America should it be in German or English.
3. Curriculum vitae Note: Unless otherwise stated, the CV should be in English. For applications for Russia it should be in Russian, for applications for Central and South America in Spanish or Portuguese. If you send a CV in Russian, Spanish or Portuguese, please also attach a version in German or English.
4. Proof of the required language skills (see announcement of the respective exchange programme) Note: If you do not yet have the required language skills but will demonstrate them shortly, please attach an explanation of your current level and when you will take the required language test. If you are attending a language course at the University of Erfurt, please have your lector also sign your declaration.
5. Complete grade report (Transcript of Records) Note: To download your grade report you have to go to your E.L.V.I.S. account (Prüfungsangelegenheiten, "Meine Noten") and select "Studienbericht" and "Alle anzeigen". Then print the grade report using the print function of your browser (!) and save it as a PDF. Students in the 1st Bachelor semester do not need to submit a grade report.
6. Letter of recommendation from a professor Note: There is a form - all fields with grey background can be filled in directly on the PC - or a freely formulated letter of recommendation. If the language of communication in the target country is English, a recommendation in English is recommended.
7. High school certificate Note: If you have completed a Bachelor's programme, a copy of the Bachelor's certificate including Transcript of Records must be submitted instead of the school leaving certificate.
For universities in Switzerland and Great Britain the application deadlines, requirements and documents are the same as for the Erasmus programme.
Application deadline for the academic year 2021/22
The application deadline is valid for the entire academic year 2021/22.
Application deadline for the exchange programmes in North, Central and South America, Asia and Russia: 10.12.2020
Application deadline for the exchange programmes in Great Britain and Switzerland: 11.02.2021
Address for submission of application
Applications (one PDF file with all documents in correct order, see above) must be submitted to: