The bachelor's degree programme at the University of Erfurt comprises a major and a minor subject (two-subject bachelor's degree) as well as the fundamental course of study. It aims to impart specialist content and occupational field orientation as well as interdisciplinary skills. The standard period of study is six semesters.
Orientation Phase (First Year)
- German language and literature studies
- linguistic levels of description and the foundations of literary studies
Qualification Phase (Second/Third Year)
- Theories and methods of linguistics
- History of language and literature
- Text analysis
- Literary theory
- German as a foreign language/second language
The major and minor subjects differ in terms of the content and scope of the course. In the major subject a Bachelor thesis is written.
Examinations regulations major German Studies
Examinations regulations minor German Studies