The potential for ideas and the possibility of bringing products to market are often offset by the uncertainty of income in the initial phase. There are many courageous people in Erfurt with creative ideas that are worth supporting. The Erfurt Economic Development Agency wants to continue to offer Erfurt companies and ideas good framework conditions for local growth in the future
The Economic Development Agency and the Chamber of Industry and Commerce are working together to achieve this. In Thuringia, start-ups have access to a system of programmes and combined financial and in-kind support. ThEx, the Thuringian Centre for Business Start-ups and Entrepreneurship, offers specific projects for business start-ups, including comprehensive consulting services and the provision of financial resources. The city of Erfurt contributes by providing locations/meeting points for those wishing to set up a business.
Interested founders can now submit their concept and make an application for 2024.
The requirements for a tenancy
- Start-up with innovative product ideas, creative, craftsmanship, an existing online business is permitted
- Rental price: 100 euros/week, plus service charge of 30 euros/week
- Rental period: minimum two weeks, maximum three months
- Room condition: 'As rented - so left' - the tenants are responsible for the room furnishings
- Co-operations with thematically related founders are possible at the same time
The application should include the following:
- Brief description of the newly founded company and the innovative product idea
- Declaration as to whether there is an intention to operate your own shop in the future and marketing concept
- If applicable, information on online trading
- Intended desired date/duration of the rental project
Applicants will be selected by a jury from the Office for Economic Development.