The increasing global integration of politics, law, economy and culture is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Interdisciplinary knowledge, as conveyed in the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Erfurt, is therefore becoming increasingly important.
Our Degree programmes combine the three subject areas :
- Social Sciences (political science and sociology)
In the major and minor in Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Law concentration you will learn to understand and apply German and European law with its international implications. For this purpose, it conveys solid legal knowledge and the political, social and economic foundations of law as well as the ability to reflect on them theoretically.
After completing your studies, you will be able to analyse issues and cases through a legal perspective, shape future legal relationships and contribute to advancing the development of the law.
The training covers the following areas:
- constitutional and administrative law
- civil and commercial law
- european law
- basics of the law
The study cannot be completed with the state examination.
Job & Career Perspectives
Our legal experts work, for example:
- in legal advice to companies and associations,
- in public administration,
- with national and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs),
- in jurisprudential research,
- in the management of private sector companies,
- in public relations and politics.
Meet our alumni!
Photo Credits: shutterstock (Telesniuk)