The increasing global integration of politics, law, economy and culture is one of the great social challenges of our time. Interdisciplinary knowledge, as offered by the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Erfurt, is therefore becoming increasingly important.
It is the only faculty in Germany to combine the three disciplines:
- social sciences (political science and sociology)
In the major and minor in Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Law concentration you will learn to understand and apply German and European law with its international references. For this purpose, the necessary legal knowledge and the political, social and economic foundations of law as well as the ability to reflect on them theoretically will be taught.
After completing your studies, you will be able to assess facts from a legal perspective, shape future legal relationships and contribute to the further development of the law.
The training covers the following areas:
- constitutional and administrative law
- civil and commercial law
- european law
- basics of the law
The study cannot be completed with the state examination.
Our graduates are active in these professional fields:
- in legal advice to companies and associations,
- in public administration,
- with national and international non-governmental organisations,
- in jurisprudential research,
- in the management of private sector companies,
- in public relations and politics.
Meet our alumni!
Photo Credits: shutterstock (Telesniuk)