The increasing global integration of politics, law, economy and culture is one of the great social challenges of our time. Interdisciplinary knowledge, as offered by the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Erfurt, is therefore becoming increasingly important.
It is the only faculty in Germany to combine the three disciplines:
- social sciences (political science and sociology)
In the major and minor field of study, you will analyse economic processes from various theoretical perspectives. You will examine organisations and households as participants and designers of market processes that trigger intended and unintended consequences of economic activity.
From different perspectives you will develop an understanding of the functioning of decentralised economies. You will explore how private and public organisations function and change and how their activities influence the economic process.
A central theme is also the possibilities and limits of correcting undesirable developments through institutional regulations and economic policy interventions.
Our graduates are active in these professional fields:
- in private and public management,
- in the banking sector,
- in market research, opinion research and trend research,
- in empirical economic research,
- in associations and trade unions,
- in national and international non-governmental organisations,
- in political parties and the administration.
Meet our alumni!
Photo Credits: Adobe Stock (Eisenhans)