The increasing global integration of politics, law, economy and culture is one of the greatest challenges of our time. Interdisciplinary knowledge, as conveyed in the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Erfurt, is therefore becoming increasingly important.
Our Degree programmes combine the three subject areas :
- Social Sciences (political science and sociology)
In the major and minor field of study, you will analyse economic processes from various theoretical perspectives. You will examine organisations and households as participants and designers of market processes that trigger intended and unintended consequences of economic activity.
From different perspectives you will deepen your understanding of the functioning of decentralized markets. You will also explore empirically how private and public organisations operate and change and how their activities influence the economic process.
A central aspect is also the possibilities and limits of correcting undesirable developments through institutional regulations and economic policy interventions.
Job & Career Perspectives
Our graduates are active in these professional fields:
- in the private and public management,
- in the banking sector,
- in market research, opinion research and trend research,
- in empirical economic research,
- in associations and trade unions,
- in national and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs),
- in political parties and the public administration.
Meet our alumni!
Photo Credits: Adobe Stock (Eisenhans)