The major and minor field of study Technology offers a future-oriented, interdisciplinary education in technology and economics and qualifies students to scientifically deal with technical and economic facts and contexts.
They are enabled to solve technical problems in theory and practice in central fields of activity such as development and design, production and manufacturing, energy management, information and communication. Students learn to recognize and evaluate technology in the context of cultural and social events.
In the course of studies, they acquire knowledge necessary for the theoretical analysis and description of machines, devices and processes for material, energy and information processing systems and procedures, as well as skills that enable the practical implementation of theoretical considerations.
In the major field of study, advanced skills in the fields of economics and law are acquired.
Job & Career Perspectives
Moreover, many graduates of Technology work in the following industries::
- in technical education at secondary or community schools (provided that a Master's degree related to teaching profession has been completed),
- in in-company training,
- in technical editing and documentation,
- in sales,
- in media design,
- in technical consulting in organizations and companies,
- in the technical implementation of teaching/learning materials,
- in operational communication,
- in public relations.
Foto Credits: Kompetenzzentrum Technik-Diversity-Chancengleichheit e.V.