Application for the winter semester 2023/24
The next application period starts approx. May 1, 2022. The application process is online. Application deadline for the winter semester is July 15.
To submit an application, you must first register in the application portal. Please note down your username and password, as you will need to use the portal repeatedly throughout the application process. Please log in to the portal regularly with your user name and password to check the status of your application. The letter will only be made available via the portal.
Anschließend legen Sie Ihre Bewerbung über Bewerbungsantrag hinzufügen an.
Upload the following application documents:
- copies and official translations of secondary school leaving certificates (higher education entrance qualification) in original language and translation (German or English)
- proof of German language skills on level B1 (according to CEFR) or higher*
- proof of English language skills on level B2 (according to CEFR) or higher for the following programmes:
- International Relations
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Economics concentration
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Social Science concentration
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Law concentration
- Communication Science
- Originally certified copies of university entrance examinations or of previous university studies or finished first study degrees in original language and translation
- if applicable: copy of the Feststellungsprüfung certificate (Studienkolleg), APS certificate (only applicants of Chinese or Vietnamese nationality)
- if already available at the time of application: proof of passed Eignungsfeststellungsverfahren (Communication Sciences) or proof of passed Eignungsprüfung (Arts, Sports, Music)
The link to the application portal will be made available here as soon as the next application period starts.
*Required German skills upon beginning of studies
At the beginning of the studies, German language skills on the level DSH-2 or DSH-3 must be proven. Equivalent language certificates are telc C1 Hochschule, TestDaF (at least 4 points in each section), Deutsches Sprachdiplom Stufe 2.
Study-preparatory German language courses are offered by our cooperation partner EZSI.
Admission to the “Studienkolleg”
Applicants whose school leaving certificate is not recognized as being equivalent to the German general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) can apply for admission to a pre-university program (Studienkolleg) and take an assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung). The Staatliches Studienkolleg Thüringen is located in Nordhausen, 70 kilometers to the north of Erfurt.
The University of Erfurt is specialised in the arts and humanities with a particular focus on cultural and social sciences. Therefore it does not issue conditional letters of acceptance to the T-course of the Studienkolleg.
After examining the application, conditional admissions for the G course and W course at the Studienkolleg can be issued:
G course: Preparation for programs in Arts and Humanities with lessons in Literature, History, English, German und Mathematics.
In order to get a conditional admission to the G course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Education or the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
W course: Preparation for Economics and Social Science programs with lessons in Economics, Social Studies, Media Studies and English.
In order to get a conditional admission to the W course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences.