The first step of the application for a Bachelor's program is the online application. After submitting the online application, a pdf will be provided which you can save and print. The signed online form has to be sent via postal mail to the International Office together with the required documents. The application deadline is July 15.
Upon receipt of the complete application documents it will take approx. 4 weeks to process. Afterwards, the letter of notification will be sent via postal mail.
For an application for Bachelor studies the following documents have to be handed in:
- completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae including passport-size photograph
- certified copies and official translations of secondary school leaving certificates (higher education entrance qualification/ high school diploma/ "Abitur"; the certificates should give exact information about achieved grades
- if applicable: certified copies and official translations of entry examinations to institutions of higher education, or of any program or degree obtained in the country of origin
- proof of German language skills on level B1 (according to CEFR) or higher
- if applicable: supporting documents and information regarding the selection and aptitude assessment procedures as per study- and examination regulations of the chosen degree programme ( see website of the programme)
- passport copy
The application for the academic year 2021/22 will be possible until July 15, 2021, approximately: Link to the online application portal
If you want to check the current status of your application, you can login again at https://sulstat.uni-erfurt.de/
Admission to the “Studienkolleg”
Applicants whose school leaving certificate is not recognized as being equivalent to the German general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) can apply for admission to a pre-university program (Studienkolleg) and take an assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung). The Staatliches Studienkolleg Thüringen is located in Nordhausen, 70 kilometers to the north of Erfurt.
The University of Erfurt is specialised in the arts and humanities with a particular focus on cultural and social sciences. Therefore it does not issue conditional letters of acceptance to the T-course of the Studienkolleg.
After examining the application, conditional admissions for the G course and W course at the Studienkolleg can be issued:
G course: Preparation for programs in Arts and Humanities with lessons in Literature, History, English, German und Mathematics.
In order to get a conditional admission to the G course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Education or the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
W course: Preparation for Economics and Social Science programs with lessons in Economics, Social Studies, Media Studies and English.
In order to get a conditional admission to the W course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences.