The first step of the application for a Bachelor's program is the online application. After submitting the online application, a pdf will be provided which you can save and print. The signed online form has to be sent via postal mail to the International Office together with the required documents. The application deadline is July 15 (for academic year 2021/22: July 31, 2021).
Upon receipt of the complete application documents it will take approx. 4 weeks to process. Afterwards, the letter of notification will be sent via postal mail.
For an application for Bachelor studies the following documents have to be handed in:
- completed and signed application form
- curriculum vitae including passport-size photograph
- certified copies and official translations of secondary school leaving certificates (higher education entrance qualification/ high school diploma/ "Abitur"; the certificates should give exact information about achieved grades
- if applicable: certified copies and official translations of entry examinations to institutions of higher education, or of any program or degree obtained in the country of origin
- proof of German language skills on level B1 (according to CEFR) or higher*
- proof of English language skills on level B2 (according to CEFR) or higher for the following programmes:
- International Relations
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Economics concentration
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Social Science concentration
- Economics, Law and Social Sciences - Law concentration
- Communication Science
- if applicable: supporting documents and information regarding the selection and aptitude assessment procedures as per study- and examination regulations of the chosen degree programme ( see website of the programme)
- passport copy
Application for Bachelor programmes for the academic year 2021/22 are no longer possible. Application for the academic year 2021/22 will be possible from approximately November 1, 2021.
If you want to check the current status of your application, you can login again at https://sulstat.uni-erfurt.de/
*Required German skills upon beginning of studies
At the beginning of the studies, German language skills on the level DSH-2 or DSH-3 must be proven. Equivalent language certificates are telc C1 Hochschule, TestDaF (at least 4 points in each section), Deutsches Sprachdiplom Stufe 2.
Admission to the “Studienkolleg”
Applicants whose school leaving certificate is not recognized as being equivalent to the German general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) can apply for admission to a pre-university program (Studienkolleg) and take an assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung). The Staatliches Studienkolleg Thüringen is located in Nordhausen, 70 kilometers to the north of Erfurt.
The University of Erfurt is specialised in the arts and humanities with a particular focus on cultural and social sciences. Therefore it does not issue conditional letters of acceptance to the T-course of the Studienkolleg.
After examining the application, conditional admissions for the G course and W course at the Studienkolleg can be issued:
G course: Preparation for programs in Arts and Humanities with lessons in Literature, History, English, German und Mathematics.
In order to get a conditional admission to the G course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Education or the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
W course: Preparation for Economics and Social Science programs with lessons in Economics, Social Studies, Media Studies and English.
In order to get a conditional admission to the W course you need to choose as a major a program from the Faculty of Economics, Law and Social Sciences.