The chair is now held by Professor Andrea Dorothea Bührmann the Director of the Institute for Diversity Research at the University of Göttingen, who will be familiar to many at the University of Erfurt from the diversity auditing process. Her deputy is Dr Hanna Proner who was already a member of the previous University Council and has now been confirmed as Deputy Chair.
In addition, the following people are external members of the University Council:
- Melanie Haack (head of the ZDF regional studio in Thuringia);
- Professor Dr Bärbel Kopp (Professor of Primary School Education and Didactics, specialising in teaching and learning);
- Dr Andreas Stucke (head of the evaluation department and deputy to the Secretary General of the German Council of Science and Humanities, Cologne)
and as the representative of the Thuringian Ministry of Economics, Science and Digital Society
- Carsten Feller (Thuringian State Secretary for Science).
Internal university members are:
- from the group of university lecturers Professor Andrea Schmid (Professor of Inclusive Education Research with a Focus on Learning at the Faculty of Education)
- and Dr Verena Laschinger (research associate at the Faculty of Philosophy).
"We look forward to work with all structural units, committees and interest groups of the university," said the new Chairwoman at the inaugural meeting. The term of office of the new University Council is four years and began on 1 October 2023.
Further information on the tasks of the University Council as well as its communications and reports can be found on our website: www.uni-erfurt.de/en/university/organisation/committees/university-council.