- All (teaching) events have been cancelled; there are also no longer any conferences, workshops or other public events at the University of Erfurt (either on campus or elsewhere).
- All committees and appointment commissions are suspended.
- There are no examinations.
- Business trips are currently not approved, those already approved are revoked.
- Until further notice, access to the buildings and facilities of the University is only permitted to the administrative staff* required for necessary operational processes.
- The University Library and the Gotha Research Library will also remain closed, borrowing is not possible.
- The catering facilities on campus will also remain closed.
- The employees work from home.
- Communication takes place by e-mail or telephone.
"The current corona crisis is putting communities around the world to the test, explains Prof. Dr. Walter Bauer-Wabnegg, President of the University of Erfurt. "The goal must now be to halve the rate of infection, but this can only be achieved through decisive action." A number of decisions have already been taken by local authorities and the Thuringian Conference of State Presidents in agreement with the Thuringian Ministry of Economics, Science and Digital Society. In addition to quarantine requirements, these include bans on assembly and the postponement of the start of lectures in the summer semester to at least May, 4. Against this background, the University of Erfurt has also decided to discontinue its campus operations.
On Monday, the crisis management team had already decided to close the university's libraries to user traffic and also cancelled all reference events until further notice. Walter Bauer-Wabnegg: "The developments of the past few days and the fact that an end to the crisis is currently not foreseeable have finally prompted us to take this next and, in our view, only logical step.
Further information can be found on the university's website at www.uni-erfurt.de/corona-info. The university's crisis management team has also set up an e-mail address for further questions about Corona: email@example.com.