The bachelor's degree course at the University of Erfurt comprises a major and a minor subject (two-subject bachelor's degree) as well as the fundamental course of study. It aims to impart specialist content and occupational field orientation as well as interdisciplinary skills. The standard period of study is six semesters.
In the first semester, students choose one of the two specializations: French or Spanish. Students who wish to study to become teachers must choose French.
Orientation Phase (First Year)
- Basics of the romanic cultures
- Basics of Romance literary studies
- Basics of Romance linguistics
- Lengua y cultura or Langue et culture
Qualification Phase (Second/Third Year)
- Language system and use of language
- Theory and history of Romance literatures
- Lengua, cultura y civilización or Langue, culture et civilisation
The major and minor subjects differ in terms of the content and scope of the course. In the major subject a Bachelor thesis is written.
Examinations regulations minor Romance Studies