Those who philosophize are concerned with the big questions we ask of our lives and the world:
- "What can we know?"
- "What should we do?"
- "What can we hope for?"
- "What is man?"
The major and minor subject in Philosophy enables you to discuss such questions systematically with lecturers and other students. The mediation and reading of current and classical texts by great thinkers of the present and the past - such as Plato, Kant or Wittgenstein - become the basis for your own reflection. Intellectual challenge and intellectual enrichment go hand in hand in this way.
The programme conveys subject-specific knowledge in these areas:
- History of philosophy
- Practical philosophy
- Theoretical philosophy
- Philosophy of science
Job & Career Perspectives
Our graduates are active in these professional fields:
- teaching ethics in primary, regular or vocational schools (provided that a Master's degree related to teaching profession has been completed),
- in the field of media and journalism (feuilleton),
- in cultural and educational institutions,
- in academies and associations,
- in the free economy (e.g. management consultancy),
- in science and research.
Photo Credits: Adobe Stock (anastasios71)