The University of Erfurt uses the software Mobility-Online, a system of the Austrian provider SOP, for the administration of study-related stays abroad. This includes all steps from the application to the stay abroad, the payment of the mobility grant and the return to the University of Erfurt. The procedure as well as the provider have been verified with regard to data protection. The data is hosted exclusively on a server at the University of Erfurt.
You first apply online for the desired exchange place and a possible second request (optional). You will find the link to the online application at the end of this paragraph. It does not take long to enter the data. You may only apply for exchange places that are listed in the exchange places list.
After sending the online application, you will receive an e-mail asking you to register on the Mobility-Online application portal.
Important! Note down your chosen login name and password. You will have to log in to the application portal several times during your application process and your studies abroad. Even if you apply again later for another exchange place, the system will recognize that you are already registered and will not assign you a new login. It is therefore very important that you remember this information!
After registering in the application portal, you will again receive an e-mail with the link that you can always use to log in to the application portal in the future. This link must also be at hand during the entire application process and study abroad period!
You must then enter your master data (addresses and, if applicable, bank details) in the application portal. Do not forget to update them if anything changes.
After you have completed all these steps, you can produce the PDF of the application form. You can also print it, save it as a PDF or retrieve it from the application portal at any time.
The online application portal opens again on October 15, 2022.
The following application documents must be submitted after sending the online application:
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we must avoid personal contacts as far as possible. Therefore we ask you to send your application documents by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please prepare all the documents and send us a PDF document in which you scan all documents in the order listed below. The file size must not exceed 20 MB. Applications with more than one file attachments or attachments not sorted in the specified order will be rejected.
The PDF has to contain the following documents:
1. Signed application form Note: You can produce the PDF of the application form after submitting the online application. The downloading of the PDF lasts a couple of minutes. Please be patient.
2. Detailed letter of motivation for the application and choice of study location Note: The letter of motivation can be in German.
3. Curriculum vitae Note: The CV should be in German or English.
4. Proof of the required language skills Note: An official language certificate or test result is required. If you do not yet have the required language skills, please attach a statement here explaining your current level and when you will take the required language test. If you are attending a language course at the University of Erfurt, please have your lector also sign your declaration.
5. Complete grade report (Transcript of Records) Note: To download your grade report you have to go to your E.L.V.I.S. account (Prüfungsangelegenheiten, "Meine Noten") and select "Studienbericht" and "Alle anzeigen". Make sure the average grade is also shown. Then you can print the grade report by using the print function of your browser (!) and save it as a PDF. Students in the 1st Bachelor semester do not need to submit a grade report.
6. High school certificate Note: If you have completed a Bachelor's programme, a copy of the Bachelor's certificate including Transcript of Records must be submitted instead of the school leaving certificate.
7. Only in case of support and special needs: Current proof Note: Proof of a chronic illness or a disability from GdB20 must be provided in the form of a current medical certificate (not older than one year) or a copy of the disability certificate. From children travelling abroad with a parent their birth certificate must be submitted.
Application deadline and place for the academic year 2024/25
Application deadline: 06.02.2024 until 23:59 hrs The application deadline is valid for the entire academic year 2024/25.
Applications (one PDF file with all documents in correct order, see above) must be submitted to: